We are now hiring at The Kollective!
Opening in October 2018, The Kollective, or ‘TK’, is New Zealand’s largest co-working space
Managed by SociaLink Tauranga Moana and located at Tauranga’s Historic Village on 17th Avenue, TK is a brand new, 1800 square metre building over two floors intended for use by social enterprise, not for profit and charitable organisations.
TK is about people, TK is about collaboration, TK is about community.
We’ve got three core, really quite lofty aims for our new and colourful space.
1. We offer community service organisations in The Western Bay a place to become more efficient, more technically capable, more sustainable, more able to connect and most importantly, the opportunity to become even better at providing invaluable services.
2. Team member wellbeing is a hot topic in 2018 and we look to provide TK members a work home available 24/7, 365. This creates flexibility and whether it’s coffee on the deck, in The TK Kafe, Tai Chi first thing, or Cross Fit over lunch, our members will love connecting and networking at TK.
3. Sustainability and our impact on Planet Earth is something close to our hearts. That’s why we have a package of measures in place to ensure TK’s environmental footprint is the smallest we can manage.
Now we’ve thought long and hard on a job title that accurately reflects our need for two helpful, articulate, welcoming, funny, assertive and enthusiastic yet worldly wise souls to join our existing TK Manager (who is all of those things and more. Guess who wrote this ad) to deliver our goals.
You see, we absolutely do want to convey the fun atmosphere TK will offer and certainly didn’t want to ruin that by sounding all grey and boring in announcing a requirement for an… ‘Administrator’ (Said in a robot voice!). But equally, we didn’t want to get all surf beads & beanie wearing hipster in ‘putting a shout out’ for a…‘Snuggler’ (Seriously it’s a thing, ask Mr Google!).
We are looking for 2 x Co-work Space all rounders
Simply put, these roles sit largely in our reception area and will create a secure, welcoming environment for our members and their visitors. We’re looking for experience in reception spaces, administrative assistants with public front knowledge, or something similar. You should have been there, done that and have some life experience.
Critical in first impression, you must be helpful to a fault and wildly enthusiastic, while also understanding tone and what might or might not, be appropriate depending on who’s in front of you.
As some facilities management is required, some moving and shifting of furniture and so on, you’ll need to be friendly, able and energetic. Fundamentally community spirited, along with being willing and able to give anything a go, you’ll be a real can-do person.
While not necessarily everything you’ll be doing, the core responsibilities are:
- Identifying members/non-members/visitors as they enter the building
- Greeting guests and ensuring use of our digital sign-in system
- Accepting packages, sorting and delivering mail to members
- Opening/closing TK daily. This involves chair and table moving and setup
- Keeping kitchen areas clean and tidy and some clearing/cleaning up following conferences/meetings (checking supplies, loading/unloading dishwasher etc)
- Maintaining reception and the shared area aesthetics
- Being a bit of a tech person (You don’t need to be Bill Gates, but you will be asked questions as to printer driver install or network passwords etc)
- Introducing new members to the community and facilitating connections
- Some facilities maintenance
- Member communication and external enquiry facilitation
- Aid in the delivery of event and /social functions
- Some general administrative duties for TK Manager and SociaLink
The two roles can be full time, or part-time, or a mixture of both but they’re all Monday through Friday. Now we’re flexible, but were thinking… 2 full-time roles or 4 part-time roles. Or a combination of both we haven’t thought of yet. Talk to us. (hours to be determined by ideal applicants)
While not much, there may be the odd bit of weekend or out of normal hours work.
Full time salary: (pro rata part time) $45,000 PA
Start date: We’d love one role to start in September while the other joins the team mid-October.
Applications close 5pm Friday 3rd August
Apply by emailing your CV, a short note of why you’d like to join the TK team, where you saw this ad and of course, what you think your job title should be. Be as creative as you like...
Gordy Lockhart, TK Manager.